Image above from Norfolk Coast.co.uk
We're sat in King's Lynn in Norfolk at the moment.
What is this place like ?
Have you ever been to King's Lynn ? What were your experiences of the place - positive / negative / ambiguous ?
What sort of images would you have of the place ? Here are some of mine:
- the view down King Street from Tuesday Market Place towards the Customs House
- the Mart - annual fair which arrives in February
- the Samphire man - the horse and cart may be gone, but he's still to be found
- a pint of ale in the wood panelled front bar of the Tudor Rose Hotel
- the markings in the entrance to St. Margaret's church showing the levels of previous floods.
Borough Council of King's Lynn and West Norfolk : 3 smiley faces, the Great Ouse and a cottage by a village pond
About Britain: Customs House, King John Cup, Greyfriars Tower, Morris Dancing, the Mart
The Lynn News: the twice weekly local paper - plenty on the forthcoming FA Cup tie of 'The Linnets' against Oldham
Bryan Howling's Tour of the town. Useful images.
Can your recommend any other sites on the town ? (Don't forget FLICKR if looking at home)
Joe Bridge: nice images.
And don't forget the award-winning multi-storey car park.