1. Look at the aims of the fieldwork. What do you think about the questions that the students asked ?
2. Do you think Friday morning in October is a good time to carry out the fieldwork (remember issue of sampling) ? Explain your answer
3. What were
a) the smallest age group sampled
b) the largest age group sampled
4. How would you ensure that the sampling was better / fairer than the method used by the students ?
5. What are the main differences between the arguments given for building at:
a) the docks
1. Read the comments made by the
2. Try to summarise the type of person who prefers
a) the docks area
b) the Longford area as a place to live
3. Overall, do you think the views expressed are in favour of the docks or the Longford development ?
1. Summarise the main differences between organic and non-organic food
2. What are the suggested benefits for the consumer ?
3. Why might organic farming be more SUSTAINABLE than non-organic ?
4. What do you think might happen to the demand for organic food in the FUTURE ?
What problems face British farmers given the changing nature of the population ?