Sunday, February 11, 2007

Photography Idea for My Place

Michael Hughes has created a fantastic photographic project which I think has potential for an idea for MY PLACE.
The idea is demonstrated at his WEBSITE, and also at the collection of photos over at his FLICKR site.
I got in touch with Michael and he's given me permission to reproduce some of the images from the project to give you the basic idea.The basic idea is that you take an image on a postcard or a souvenir of a place like a model or a plate, hold it up, and take a photograph so that the souvenir is overlaid on the real place and takes its place in the view....
Here are some examples that I like.
Now - I'm sure we could get some postcards of the Customs House, or some other similar souvenirs and try this in King's Lynn, or some other location....
Any suggestions for other views that could work this way. A prize for first student to send me an image of King's Lynn done in this way...

No comments: